Thursday, June 18, 2009

Badass Moss


Today I was browsing through the December 2008 issue of Mega Magazine and saw the feature we did on multi-award winning Filipino artist/illustrator Jason Moss. I randomly met Jason around August of last year through a classmate of mine in graduate school. We had lunch, talked about vulgar topics like "rimming" (how we got to discussing those things, I don't remember) and generally enjoyed each other's company. I liked him so much that even though I hadn't seen his works then, I already asked him if we could feature him in Mega. This photo of him that you see here was taken at Mega's studio by photographer Paola Aseron.

To show you just what a tremendously amazing artist Jason is, I asked our editorial assistant Irish Degala to dig up from our archives the CD of photos of Jason's artworks. The featured artworks below make up barely point-five percent of everything he has done...so far.

From his 2003 exhibit entitled, "Moss Motel"

Body Language
From his 2004 exhibit entitled, "Headstands," held at the Crucible Gallery


Right Brain Salute
From his 2005 exhibit entitled, "Six Fairy Tale Deaths"


Settle for Friendship
From his 2005 exhibit entitled, "Six Fairy Tale Deaths"


From his 2008 exhibit entitled, "Mute Skin"


A spread from Jason's sketchbook entitled, "Famous."
Jason has completed a lot of these sketchbooks,
which he showed me when I visited his home
for a late night drink with his friends.


Tilt Thinker
ink on paper; 36.5 x 44 cm
A birthday gift from Jason to me. Love it!



See more of Jason's works by visiting www.weloveintimidation.com/jasonmoss and mosscake.deviantart.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment