Monday, June 22, 2009

Collating Collages

I found these awesome collages by Boubou Teatime. Don't you just love their dreamy, vintage vibe? Makes me feel like I'm back in the 70s or something. And that's my favorite decade! Although, I was born in 1979. Hahaha! At least I made it (though, barely) to the 70s.

You should check out Boubou Teatime's blog: http://boubouteatime.blogspot.com. I love how she made her blog look like an actual, handwritten personal journal. I wish that I could be crafty like her...




Not to be outdone by foreign talent, I want to share with you also some pretty handmade collage postcards by a Filipino artist I met through Multiply. Sorry, but I forgot her name. It has been a while since I last communicated with her. Here are her websites where you'll see all her designs: http://artefact.multiply.com and http://apt70.deviantart.com.

"Sailing the Seven Seas"

"Walking on Sunshine"

"The Machine"

Artefact's "The Machine" reminds me of Richard Hamilton's famous pop art collage, "Just What Is It that Makes Today's Homes So Different, So Appealing?"

3 comments:

  1. Hi! This is Arlene of artefact (aka, the collagist). Thanks for blogging about the collages. Is it ok if I mention this in the multiply site?

    All my collages can also be found at apt70.deviantart.com.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Arlene! Sure, you can mention this in your Multiply site. Thanks! I'll edit this post to mention your Deviant Art site as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks and all the best to your blog!

    ReplyDelete