Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Night Owl

It's past midnight and I'm still awake. So, I thought I'd dedicate a post to one of nature's magnificent night creatures. Hoo! Hoo! (trying to hoot like an owl...)

Below is a postcard design by a friend and one of the talented young visual artists that I help manage, Nikki Abaya. If you'd like to see other postcard designs by her, I posted them in my Multiply site. Click on this link to see the album. Nikki also has a Deviant Art page you can check out. Click on this link.



Here's another pretty owl artwork I stumbled upon. It's a painting by Hadley Hutton. See more of her beautiful paintings in her website, hadleyhutton.com.



I searched Flickr for a nice photo of an owl and saw this adorable snapshot by Stephen van der Mark. He entitled it, "Happy Snow Owl." Click on the link to view the page.



While blog surfing, I came across a post by a fashion blogger (forgot her name) about Enid Collins' vintage wooden box bags. I remember that one of the bags had a colorful owl design. Since I couldn't track down the link to this blogger's post, I thought I'd search Flickr again for photos of that bag. I found one in Glumpire's photostream. This one that I posted here isn't the design that I saw, but it's a beautiful Enid Collins bag just the same. Visit Glumpire's Flickr site to see her album containing more of Enid Collins' wooden box bags.



This below, if you can imagine it, is a measuring tape! It's made out of felt with a pull tab that looks like a mushroom. Cute, isn't it? I found this in Feltmate!'s Flickr photostream. Here's the link.


And finally, I end my post with a Simpsonized version of Nite Owl. You'll find more of these Simpsonized famous characters in springfieldpunx.blogspot.com.

P.S. I have not seen Watchmen the movie. Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment